Help build and execute Freeplay magazine’s overall social media marketing strategy. Work closely with Editor and Media Director to plan, report on performance goals and brainstorm future content. Communicate in real time the overall health of the social networks. Work with team to build a promotion plan around each issue of the magazine. Help develop social media plan for all major events.
Experience and Skills Desired
- Interest in and knowledge of women’s endurance sports such as running, triathlon, cycling and paddle boarding…Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, SnapChat, YikYak, etc.) and how to best utilize each channel.
- Experience with developing and implementing social marketing strategic plans and with audience development and engagement using a variety of platforms.
- Experience or willingness to learn how to use Buffer.
- Maintain an editorial calendar for multiple social marketing channels.
- Monitor conversations and trends in social marketing.
- Analyze and report performance in various social marketing channels and making necessary adjustments and optimizations in order to meet stated objectives.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience using writing, editing and proofreading skills to use language accurately and creatively, recognize and use correct English grammar and spell and punctuate correctly.
- Work independently without supervision.
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Energetic team player with positive attitude.
- Track record of maintaining professionalism, honesty and integrity.
This is a 3-month internship with stipend pay with the opportunity for an extension after the 3-month internship is complete.
This is a part-time position that requires 3-4 hours per week. Intern will work remotely but must be available to meet with leadership team 1-2 times a month for an hour either in person and/or via Skype.
Position is open to students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree or candidates who possess bachelor’s degree and are looking for experience.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Artis at email@example.com.