As mentioned in the Editor’s Note in the January/February 2016 issue it is hard to believe that we are on the eve of another new year! 2015 flew by so fast. I don’t know if it was the jam-packed schedule that made it seem to scurry by or all the adventures, the goals checked off and the magic of turning 40 that rushed the year by in such a hurry.
It is typical at this time of the year to look back and reflect on all that was but on this New Year’s Eve I am looking ahead…dreaming of all that 2016 can be with Freeplay, the team, my own athletic pursuits, with family and friends, with love and all the unknown joys I hope to encounter throughout the year.
There are many things I am looking forward to over the next 365 days but a few that resonate with me most often are these 10.
- More of the same. I love all the little things like casually running into neighbors at coffee or walking the dogs at lunch; they definitely help make the year great.
- Something new. Routines are definitely my thing but I prefer to take them with a side of spontaneity.
- Taking on new challenges with paddle board racing. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I am hoping I am a quick learner.
- Track and Field. I simply can not wait to watch the best in the USA and the World be brave and give it their all in Portland, Eugene and Rio this year.
- Setting big goals that will test my dedication, perserverance and mental strength.
- Scheduling down time away from the magazine and training to spend time with Sean and the greyhounds so we can indulge in travel, food and life.
- Sharing morning runs with girlfriends.
- Supporting other women’s athletic goals and dreams. Very few things are more fulfilling than sharing in someone else’s journey.
- Hearing new stories about amazing women in endurance sports. I just can’t get enough of this!
- And lastly I just am simply looking forward to another year of just doing what I love.
The new year is a special time and there is no time like the present to make a plan to achieve your dreams. So do not hesitate and get started today!
I would love to hear what you look forward to in 2016. Feel free to share them with me here: